Big Data Analytics: Quick Start Program
Picture this: the volume of your organization’s data continues to grow day by day. And although you’ve taken steps to capture and act on your structured data, click streams, social media, log files, and other sources of information, the variety and volume of data continues to grow. Meanwhile, the power of Big Data tools available to process this data has also increased dramatically. Every day there are more buzzwords and greater promises.
This new reality of ever-increasing data volumes and ever-powerful data processing tools creates enormous possibilities for Big Data analytics and opens up myriad opportunities for you to create new revenue streams. You’ll want to take advantage of this new potential. But how? It is difficult to know where to even start.
Impetus offers a two-week program designed to quickly bring your organization up to speed on the range of Big Data solutions, so that you can identify the tools best suited to meet your business needs, and devise a plan to get you up and running fast.We’ll work with you to bring business and IT professionals together so that you can understand the potential of Big Data technologies and devise a strategy that will enable you to meet your business goals quickly and inexpensively. During the program we’ll work with you to:
- Understand your Big Data objectives
- Understand your level of familiarity with Big Data technologies
- Explore potential analytics solutions and products that leverage your business’s existing assets
- Prioritize your solutions into a roadmap, based on value to your business, technical risk, and duration
- Document your Big Data business strategy
This course is divided into three workshops. Each module builds on the lessons learned in the previous one, to provide you with practical solutions that you can implement to meet your real-world business needs.Gear Up: One Day
Big Data looms on the horizon; its shadow is intimidating, the terrain is unfamiliar, and the obstacles appear insurmountable. You may know where you want to go, but how do you get there? What tools will you need? And where do you start?The initial workshop introduces you to basic concepts of Big Data, the variety of Big Data technologies, and the types of business problems these tools can be used to solve. At the end of this session, you’ll be well prepared for the trek ahead.
- Understand the latest Big Data technologies and best practices
- Understand how Big Data technologies can enable you to meet your business goals and lower costs
Once you understand of the potential of Big Data technologies, we’ll turn our attention to the challenges facing your business and help you to understand how you can use these technologies to achieve your goals.In this workshop we’ll work with your IT professionals to develop two use cases that describe solutions to your business problems using Big Data tools. You’ll learn which tools offer best and most cost–effective solutions to various business problems and how to create use cases that you can act on quickly.
- Understand areas that can be improved
- Identify and develop two specific use cases to be solved
- Review the options available to solve these problems in five key areas:
|Data Extraction||Flume, Sqoop|
|Data Processing||Hadoop, MapR, Greenplum, Vertica, Lucene Solr|
|Data Storage||HDFS, NoSQL (DataStax, MongoDB, Oracle)|
|Analytics||Mahout, NLTK, OpenNLP, UIMA|
|Visualization||Intellicus, Tableau, MicroStrategy|
Now that both business and IT have a shared understanding your business objectives and the best available technologies, you’ll learn how you can transform one of the use cases developed in the previous workshop into a well-defined blueprint for tackling a specific business problem.At the end of this workshop, together we’ll have created a specification that describes:
- Data sources and formats
- Data transformations and other processing
- Recommended cluster configuration
- Recommended analytics tools and visualization plan
- A sample set of test cases to validate the overall workflow and demonstrate the desired results